Followers

Monday, April 2, 2018

What are my Ambitions and Expectations in Education?


I look at myself today in the mirror as a hiker who’s about to reach the peak of the mountain he/she had always dreamed of. Four  years  of being instructed on how to become a skillful educator and here I am today one step away from being in front of my actual students. I have learned that there’s no correct way for teaching, it’s just a matter of using diverse interesting approaches based on the setting I’m in. My learnings and acquisition from the school of Education have permitted me to aim my shot at locations I’ll be summing up in three:     


·         Inspiring students
·         Improving students
·         Facilitating mastery of the educating field 

 My first aim as a future educator falls at being Inspirational.  The word Inspiration itself signifies the first building block of any role model. Inspiration doesn’t appear out of nowhere, it takes great effort to have students interested in the educator and his/her educating approach. That’s why I suppose my inspirational goal requires me entering my future classes with my “enthusiastic” hat since my energy is said to be contagious to students. The second part of being an inspirational role model would necessitate me to incorporate interactive game-like activities to the target lesson. Integrating students’ performances within my lesson plans surely helps their passion to stand out towards my educating approach and therefore the material itself. The last part of being inspirational requires showing students the meaning of motivation and the intrinsic reward of accomplishment they achieve in the end. 
In addition, I assume my second goal in educating students would be improving them. In other words, I don’t think it’s sufficient to enter the class cover the curriculum, grade students and leave. I believe it’s much more than the traditional teaching. Honestly, my purpose in education lies on making a difference in students. Having this impact on the learners would require me assisting struggling learners to perform better by giving them the extra attention of mine even when if it’s going to be in recess times.  The second part of improvement would be modeling students by teaching them the strategies of accomplishing long-term goals in both academic and personal contexts. After all, having students as magisterial members in the society stems from what has been instilled in them in the classrooms starting from grade one till they graduate high school.
Furthermore, I believe the last superordinate title of my educating purpose would be facilitating mastery of the education field. Smoothening the educating field would definitely stem from my years of experience with students. But I can ensure that adding to the body of “how to perfect educating” requires any novice and even experienced educators to take students’ backgrounds into consideration before looking at the target academic material. Knowing the students first in terms of their age, cognitive, emotional and linguistic abilities is pivotal enough to achieve 6o% of the educational success. The remaining 40% is ensured by altering the target subject-matter to suite learners’ interests.
As a general conclusion, I come to rise expectations about my future educating journey positively through having a first impression of “the best out of my students is yet to come”. Being optimistic about my students is key to make educating successful. In particular, I truly have faith that every learner in my classroom will benefit and grow in knowledge due to my effort. I do promise myself that I will be able to achieve my three teaching goals through hard-work and perseverance. My positive expectation will allow me to believe that each day I will get better in what I’m doing. Even when challenges pay me a visit, I should be strong enough to fight them back. My positive prospect will definitely have me interact with students via my gentle attitude no matter how slow the learners are. In the end, choosing my expectations to be positive eases not just my educating role, but also students’ victory in both academic and nonacademic contexts.

1 comment:

  1. As teachers and educators, knowing our students is the first step in the teaching-learning journey. Best of luck, Nour!

    ReplyDelete

Who needs GRAMMMAR?!

Some English speakers use the grammar properly, but in fact don’t know the main reason behind such usages. This goes back to what is subco...